I, unfortunately lack the crackling skills needed to face the fired-up pit. But just like every other sane person, the smell alone of bbqed meat, makes my mouth water. So, to get a tendril of a taste of bbq flavor, I pulled out my over-the-stove griddle and set to cookin’ up some chicken. After prepping some moist, boneless chicken thigh meat – which I find perfect for quick, flavorful grilling, I rummaged through my spice pantry.
Once marinated with my favorite Tikka spice mix, I coated the lovelies with a little olive oil and set them on the hot pan. Once both sides were cooked through, I brushed each with my favorite bbq sauce and cooked the tenders for another 30 seconds. And there we had it. A little slice of bbq-heaven. I must say, I’m a bit surprised at how awesome they turned out. So I couldn’t help, but share this awesomeness with all of you on this auspicious occasion. Let’s dig in…
In-door BBQ-Chicken Challenger
- 2 lbs boneless chicken thighs, fat removed
- 3 tsp Tikka spice mix
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 T olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- Marinate chicken with tikka mix, garlic, ginger, and salt. Let marry in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat griddle or large pan on medium high. Spray or coat griddle with oil.
- Coat chicken olive oil. Place on griddle. Don’t crowd pan. Let cook for 6 -8 minutes.
- Flip and cook second side (re-coat griddle with a bit of oil to prevent meat from sticking). Cook another 5 minutes.
- Brush each chicken tender with bbq sauce and flip. Cook for 30 seconds. Repeat on second side.
- Serve immediately.