It’s milk’s match made in heaven. Arrest me if you will. But that’s about the only way you could hold me back from a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie. But as you may already know baked goods are rarely border-line healthy. But today, I have a recipe that will markedly be excusable in the minds of health-conscious gurus.
Dare I say, rather brazenly, that I no longer feel guilty about having a second or third helping of this, now that I’ve replaced butter with … wait for it… olive oil. Yes, sounds odd, but believe me you’ll either find the exchange welcoming or won’t notice it at all.
In fact, when incorporating a good quality olive oil in your cookie recipe, you’ll notice a nutty flavor in the final results – which I love!
So here goes nothing, yet produces splendid somethings!…
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Contender
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour (alternatively, substitute half with whole wheat flour)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic granulated cane sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of stand mixer, using paddle attachment, combine sugars and olive oil.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Add vanilla and mix again.
- Mix in dry ingredients at low speed. Incorporate chocolate chips thoroughly.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Take tablespoon size dough and place 1 1/2 inch apart on prepared sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until light golden around the edges.
- Let cool on rack or enjoy after a few minutes with a cold cup of milk!
These can stay in air tight container for up to a week, if they even last that long!
Makes: 3 dozen